Commodities are the fundamental building blocks of the world economy; the physical goods that are both used directly by consumers and in industry to produce other consumer goods. There are several types of commodity:
Energy – crude oil, heating oil, natural gas
Metals – gold, silver and copper
What are Commodities?
Commodity prices will be affected by a wide range of factors including:
- Supply and demand
- Weather and geographical and global events
- Economic and political factors
- The US Dollar (a majority of commodities prices are denominated in dollars)
These products tend to be homogeneous in nature and play a fundamental role in the economy. Volatility can often be seen to increase whenever there are disruptions in the world such as political conflict or unusual weather conditions.
Commodities are popular with investors, in particular Gold, which has long been considered a store of value and therefore a safe haven. Historically it has held its value during times of uncertainty.
Why trade Commodities with WGForex?
- Strong relationships in the Middle East- as such our rates are among the best in the global marketplace
- Deep, institutional grade liquidity
- All traded per whole tick movement; much simpler than the way some commodities futures are traded in the market
(7AM – 8PM)
|Spread Pricing||Leverage*||Trading Hours
|UK Crude||0.6||Fixed||Dynamic|| 22:00 Sun-22:00 Mon
(Friday 21:00 close)
*The margin requirement will be changed according to the size of open position, please click here to download the list of margin requirement on different instruments.